Coordination & management
Project Steering Group
The project had an international steering group with members from each participating country (Finland, Norway and Russia) and Denmark. The Steering Group members were experts in the areas of emergency preparedness, radiation protection and research. The Steering Group supported and coordinated the work packages and the implementation of the project in order to help it to reach all the objectives settled and to gain the results. The Steering Group had meetings approximately once a year during the implementation period, and the Steering Group members also participated in the Project Meetings.
STUK was the lead partner and coordinator of the project and was responsible for the development, implementation and outputs of the project as a whole, and the establishment of the CEEPRA network. STUK was in regular contact with all partners and participating organizations during the whole implementation period.
The project was started with a kick-off meeting in Sodankylä, Finland 6-7 April 2011, hosted by FMI. The progress meetings with participation of all or most of the project partners were held approximately twice a year:
- Murmansk, Russia 17-18 October 2011, hosted by MMBI.
- Tromsø, Norway 18-19 April 2012, hosted by NRPA.
- Rostov-on-Don, Russia 20-21 November, hosted by SSC RAS.
- Rovaniemi, Finland 16-17 April 2013, hosted by STUK.
- Oulu, Finland 27-28 November, hosted by Pöyry Oy/STUK.
- Helsinki, Finland 25-26 February, hosted by FMI/STUK.